Monday, November 19, 2007

Edwards Airs Ad on Health Care

Today, former North Carolina Senator John Edwards will begin airing a new ad. The ad features Edwards speaking to a crowd on his "to hold Congress accountable for passing universal health care within six months after he takes office as President."

Script:
"When I'm president I'm going to say to members of Congress and members of my administration, including my cabinet: I'm glad that you have health care coverage and your family has health care coverage. But if you don't pass universal health care by July of 2009 – in six months – I'm going to use my power as president to take your health care away from you. [Applause] There's no excuse for politicians in Washington having health care when you don't have health care. I'm John Edwards and I approve this message."

No comments: