Friday, November 30, 2007

Clinton To Hold Portsmouth Press Avail

In response to the Rochester incident, Senator Clinton will hold a press availability tonight at 10:15 p.m. at the Sheraton Harborside Portsmouth Hotel in Portsmouth, NH.

The Clinton campaign has released the following statement:

“I am very grateful that this difficult day has ended so well. All of my campaign staff and volunteers are safe. I want to thank them for their extraordinary courage and coolness under some very difficult pressures and dangerous situations. I also want to thank all of law enforcement. We were in touch from the moment this began with local, county, state, federal law enforcement. I am so grateful to them for their response which brought this hostage situation to such a good ending.

“I also want to thank Governor Lynch who was extremely helpful in marshalling the resources of the state and working with the local law enforcement officials to make sure that all resources were available. The FBI and the Secret Service lent their expertise and help as well. I was in touch during the day with the families of those who were held hostage and I really commend their extraordinary courage under, again, very difficult circumstances. This has been a very hard day for all of us in our campaign.

“But even beyond that, every four years extraordinary young people come to places like New Hampshire because they want to change our country. They believe in our future. They work around the clock. They are so committed to their cause and I just want to commend every one of them from every campaign who really makes what is a sacrifice and a commitment. A lot of them postpone school, leave their families, move across the country and I’m so grateful for them every single day and I’m especially just relieved to have this situation end so peacefully without anyone being injured.

“We don’t have very many facts beyond, what we garnered during the day. I am on my way to New Hampshire now to thank the law enforcement officials, to see my staff – particularly those who not only were physically held hostage, but all those who supported this effort during the day to make sure we got information, that we kept families apprised, that we closely coordinated with law enforcement. And I could just not be prouder at the people who are in my campaign. And I want to thank them and I am so grateful that this day has ended well.”

No comments: