Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Semprini Not Running for GOP Chairman

GOP Chairman Wayne Semprini is stepping down as head of the New Hampshire GOP. Semprini cited his hip replacement as his reason for stepping-down. Below is his is statement:

Eight months ago, I was honored to have been given the trust of the NH Republican State Committee when I was elected as Party Chairman to fill the remainder of Warren Henderson’s term. At that time, it was my full intention to serve an additional complete term of my own through January 2009. My desire was and still is to see the Republican Party grow and prosper.

I am proud of the fact that many of my initial goals have been accomplished. We are now in a stronger financial position than we have been for several years. The recent resolution of the long-standing phone jamming lawsuit has given our Party the opportunity to move forward without the daily uncertainty of potential legal ramifications.

I feel that we are poised to regroup and unite to move forward as a Party. I have looked forward to serving as Chairman during this challenging but exciting time.

However, due to recent complications resulting from my hip replacement surgery, I may be required to spend months in recovery from additional surgery. This would preclude me from giving this job the 100% commitment that I feel would be necessary to move this Party forward. As much as I would welcome the opportunity to continue to serve as Party Chairman, I must regretfully announce that due to these potential health uncertainties, I will not be seeking the Chairmanship of the Republican Party.

I look forward to working with the new Chair to assist the Party in any way possible. I will continue to serve out my term and will do everything I can to ensure a smooth transition.

No comments: