Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rudy: Republican Strong, Not Democrat Lite

Today, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani gave the keynote address at the New Hampshire GOP convention. During the speech, Rudy stressed his accomplishments as Mayor of New York and the events on 9/11. Rudy also said that the GOP needs to be "Republican Strong, Not Democrat Lite." The former Mayor told the crowd that if he runs for president it will be because "I have accomplished the issues that I will run on." One convention delegate told me that "even though I don't agree with him on most issues, I am still supporting Rudy because there is something about him." After his Friday night speech, Rudy did not eat at the hotel, instead he ate at a McDonald's in Lincoln. It appears that Rudy was taking a play out of the Clinton New Hampshire playbook. Joining Rudy this weekend was his wife Judith, who is pictured above.

No comments: