Sunday, February 18, 2007

Clinton: More Iraq Questions

In Dover, Hillary Clinton was asked more questions on her Iraq vote. When explaining her 2002 Iraq vote she told the crowd, "I take responsibility for my vote. It was a sincere vote based on the facts and assurances we had at the time. Obviously, I would not vote that way again if we knew then what we know now. I have to say, if the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from. But for me, the most important thing now is trying to end this war." The New York Senator also explained the Iraq legislation she introduced on Friday. The bill would require the Pentagon to begin pulling U.S. forces out of Iraq in three months or the Senate would revoke the president's Iraq authorization.

No comments: