From The Dodd Campaign:
Yesterday, Dodd unveiled the higher education portion of his plan at New Hampshire Community Technical College in Manchester, NH. Today, in a speech to the National Education Association of New Hampshire, Dodd explained the remainder of his plan - specifically, how he would ensure that every American will graduate from high school prepared to go to college or enter the workforce.
"When hard-working, middle class Americans head off to their jobs each morning, they should rest assured that their children are receiving a quality education at a good school," said Dodd. "By creating universal preschool, enacting desperately needed reforms to NCLB, and providing free community college, I will make sure that American students, regardless of their backgrounds, are receiving the best education in the world."
Dodd's K-12 plan would:
* Provide for universal preschool so that every parent has access to high-quality, affordable preschool
* Reform No Child Left Behind by providing states with the flexibility to use multiple measures to calculate student achievement and allowing schools to target resources such as tutoring to the students who need them most.
* Put experienced, quality teachers In Every School by doubling the number of nationally board certified teachers and incentivizing them to go where they are needed most - low performing, high poverty schools.
Dodd's higher education plan would:
* Reform the student loan system to ensure federal dollars go to student aid instead of corporate profits.
* Raise Pell Grants and reduce the cost of college student loans.
* Provide an opportunity for free community college to every American.
The full plan can be read on chrisdodd.com.