Thursday, October 18, 2007

McCain Issues Statement on New Hampshire Primary

U.S. Senator John McCain today issued the following statement on the New Hampshire primary:

"I understand the value and purpose of New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary and realize the influence candidates can wield to ensure it is respected and maintained. That's why I will continue to be an ardent and vocal defender of New Hampshire's unique role in the presidential nominating process. Unfortunately, Michigan Democrats are playing politics with the primary calendar, threatening to upset the careful balance of interests that has served the nominating process so well. I support a January 15 Michigan primary that respects New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation tradition. But make no mistake, I will do everything in my power to protect New Hampshire's unique and traditional first-in-the-nation primary, and I call on all candidates to use their influence to do the same."

No comments: