Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Press Laughs At McCain Line

Here are the responses about Fred Thompson's entry into the race and his no-show at the debate:

Huckabee: I was scheduled to be on Jay Leno tonight, but I gave up my slot for somebody else because I'd rather be in New Hampshire with these fine people. …maybe Senator Thompson will be known as the no-show for the presidential debates

Paul: he will help dilute the vote for my benefit...because he will be pro-war and I'm the anti-war candidate representing the Republican traditional position.

McCain: Maybe we’re up past his bedtime. (Press center lots ofs “ohhs” and laughs)

Romney: Maybe January, February might be a better time to make a final decision about getting in this race.

Rudy: I think he's done a pretty good job of playing my part on "Law & Order."…I think this is a nomination you have to earn, though. Nobody's going to give it to you.