Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Biden: I Respect Rummy

Delaware Senator Joe Biden issued the following statement on Rumsfeld's resignation. "Secretary Rumsfeld did the right thing in stepping down. Despite our differences, I have profound respect for him and his public service. A change in leadership at the Pentagon matters substantively and symbolically. We need a fresh pair of eyes looking at Iraq. And we needed to send a message to the American people, to the Iraqis and to the world that we are serious about changing course."

Biden also said that, "“Yesterday, the American people rejected the Bush administration’s failed policy in Iraq...I urge my colleagues in the Senate and House to join me in putting the election year rhetoric aside and working towards a bipartisan consensus on a way forward in Iraq.”

No comments: