Monday, December 17, 2007

Lieberman Endorses McCain

This morning in New Hampshire, Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) endorsed John McCain for President of the United States. Senator Lieberman issued the following statement on his endorsement:

"I have come to New Hampshire this morning to ask Republican and Independent voters to support John McCain in the first-in-the-nation primary on January 8.

"I know that it is unusual for someone who is not a Republican to endorse a Republican candidate for President. And if this were an ordinary time and an ordinary election, I probably would not be here today. But this is no ordinary time -- and this is no ordinary election -- and John McCain is no ordinary candidate."

U.S. Senator John McCain today issued the following statement on receiving the endorsement of Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT):

"I am deeply honored by Joe Lieberman's endorsement. In an era when politicians so often put political expediency ahead of conviction, Joe Lieberman has stood up for what he believes is in America's interest. He has stood tall against the prevailing winds on national security and understands why we must succeed in Iraq and in the broader war against radical Islamic extremism. He is a principled leader, a good friend, and I am proud to have his support."

No comments: