Thursday, December 20, 2007

McCain's Christmas Story

This afternoon John McCain released a new television ad. The thirty-second ad, titled "My Christmas Story," recalls McCain's time has a Vietnam POW.

"It's a powerful reminder that regardless of how difficult the circumstance, simple acts of compassion can bring hope to us all," said Sergeant Major Paul Chevalier (Ret.), Chair of the New Hampshire Veterans for McCain Coalition, in a campaign press release.

You can view the ad here: http://www.johnmccain.com/mychristmasstory

Script for "My Christmas Story" (:30-TV)

JOHN MCCAIN: "One night, after being mistreated as a POW, a guard loosened the ropes binding me, easing my pain.

"On Christmas, that same guard approached me, and without saying a word, he drew a cross in the sand.

"We stood wordlessly looking at the cross, remembering the true light of Christmas.

"I will never forget that no matter where you are, no matter how difficult the circumstances, there will always be someone who will pick you up.

"May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and Happy Holidays.

"I'm John McCain and I approve this message."

No comments: