Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hillary Airs Health care Radio Ads

Today the Clinton campaign began airing two radio ads touting Hillary's health care plan.

"Two new 60-second spots discuss the challenges that Granite Staters and all Americans face when paying health care costs, and the need for a President who will fund children’s health care and guarantee health coverage for everyone. In the ads, Barbara Marzelli of Newbury and Ann Marie Morse of Manchester tell their stories about fighting for health care for their families.," according to a campaign press release.

Listen to the ads here:

“Barbara Marzelli” -- http://www.hillaryclinton.com/files/audio/BarbaraMarzelli2.mp3
“Michelle’s Law” – http://www.hillaryclinton.com/files/audio/Michelle

Following are the scripts for the ad.

“Barbara Marzelli" RADIO :60

Barbara Marzelli: I have a son named Josh, he’s 10 years old. And he’s had four open heart surgeries. He’s going to need a lifetime of care. Right now, he’s insured under the CHIPS program. And so far his health insurance has been there.

ANNCR: Hillary Clinton championed the program that provides health care coverage for Josh,And 6 million other kids.

Barbara Marzelli: My husband and I are not insured. And we can’t afford a private policy to cover us.

ANNCR: Now Hillary has a plan that will guarantee health coverage for every American.

Barbara Marzelli: These programs have got to be there, for Josh, and for so many others.And I know that Senator Clinton can do this. I’ve met her, I’ve read her health care plan. I remember walking up to her and saying, “I would feel a lot more safe if you were President, than I have in many, many years.” She’s going to help me, and she’s going to help my family. I know she’s the one with the strength, and the heart, to stand up for all of us.

ANNCR: Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President

HRC: I’m Hillary Clinton, candidate for President, and I approve this message.

“MICHELLE’S LAW” RADIO :60

ANNCR: Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President

Ann Marie Morse: Back in December of 2003, my twenty year-old daughter Michelle, was complaining of having some pain in her abdomen. So we sent her to the local hospital, and they determined that evening that they were going to have to do emergency surgery. When they finished, they told us that she had advanced colon cancer. So I called the insurance company, and what I found out, is that the minute they’re no longer a fulltime student, the coverage ends. I started to think, she’s not going to be able to go back to school. What are we going to do?

ANNCR: Last year, New Hampshire passed Michelle’s Law which gives all full-time college students in the state access to medical leave. Now Hillary is fighting to make New Hampshire’s law, national law.

Ann Marie Morse: Insurance for everybody, that is one of her big policy changes that she wants to make. As a mom, she’s passionate about what she’s doing. And my motto is, never mess with a mom who’s passionate about a cause.

HRC: I’m Hillary Clinton, candidate for President, and I approve this message.

No comments: